Friday, July 20, 2012

Two For the Price of One, But Both Disappointing

Catwoman 1-4
DC Comics
Judd Winick, writer
Guillem March, artist




Not much to say about this title. There have been some really good runs on Catwoman in recent years making her a solid headlining character in her own right and not just a Batman rogue. This series seems kind of like a step backward. I've liked Winick's writing on past titles, but he's rather disappointing here. There just doesn't seem to be much new territory here, and if all the title is going to do is rehash existing material, the first time around was often better.



Red Hood and the Outlaws 1-3
DC Comics
Scott Lobdell, writer
Kenneth Rocafort, artist




Another disappointing title. This one didn't even stay on my pull list for the fourth issue. I initially ordered the book for its ties to former Titans characters, but apparently only the names were being used. These two aren't the Arsenal and Starfire I know. I'd rather keep my untarnished memories of the past exploits of characters I enjoyed than try to find some semblance of those characters in these travesties.

No comments: