Tuesday, January 08, 2013

I Can Admit When I'm Wrong

Winter Soldier 8-9
Marvel Comics
Ed Brubaker, writer
Michael Lark, artist




Previously, I criticized Brubaker for losing some of his energy for this book since it was already announced the book was ending.

Well, the book is NOT ending. Brubaker will be leaving after the next arc, but the title will continue on with another writer at the helm.

An even more serious error on my part, I was wrong about Brubaker's energy level. The first installment of this arc, "Broken Arrow," left me feeling like Brubaker was acting like a short-timer, but these final two installments have shown me the error of my pronouncement. This was a high-energy conclusion as Winter Soldier and the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D. try to track down a rouge former-sleeper agent who has kidnapped the Black Widow. The Widow is hardly a damsel in distress, but Leo Novokov, the architect behind this scheme against the Winter Soldier, has bigger plans for her than that. He manages to successfully brainwash her into attacking her former comrades.

My humblest apologies to Brubaker and crew for ever doubting them.

No comments: